">

Thursday, August 9, 2012

How I became Mrs. VanDeventer

Two years ago (June 2010) I traveled to Malawi Africa on a mission trip that would forever change my life. I'd been to Malawi once before and knew it was going to be an incredible trip but never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd meet my husband in Malawi; however, God had everything worked out perfectly and sent Rustyn Joe VanDeventer all the way from Oklahoma to Malawi to work with the same missionaries my team was working with.
 Me carrying a baby in a chitenje.
Rustyn and I in Africa.
 When we got back to the US we kept in contact. Rustyn was living in Tulsa, OK and I was living in Monroe, LA. Our relationship was slow moving but our friendship developed into a relationship and our like for each other developed into love for each other. Then in August 2011 I went on another mission trip. This time I went to El Salvador with Visiting Orphans. It was an incredible trip! When I got back Rustyn surprised me by picking me up from the airport. He took me on a picnic and popped the question with all of my family and friends there "hiding" and seeing the whole thing.
  
Rustyn's proposal Aug. 13, 2011 in Houston, Tx.

 We got married on March 17, 2012 at Shreveport Community Church infront of our wonderful family and friends.

Our Wedding March 17,2012

I moved to Tulsa and am working at a non-profit organization called Blessings International. We got a Chinese Crested, Yoshi. He is our little baby for now! Love that crazy puppy! While I enjoy being a Mrs. I know I have a lot to learn about being a wife. The purpose of this blog is to help others going through the same stuff as me. I am learning to cook and to spend wisely. I love trying new things and even though we are starting out small my goal is to have to most rewarding life possible!

 
Yoshi immitating Rustyn after a long day at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment