">

Friday, August 31, 2012

DIY: Photo Collage

When my husband and I first moved into our apartment I was so excited about decorating; however, once I started shopping around and saw how expensive everything was I had to rethink my plans. If I were in a house I would not mind putting more money down on decorations but decorating an apartment that we plan to move out of within a couple of years seemed a little wasteful.

I stomached the boring, plain white walls for as long as I could. After a while I knew I had to get something up or I'd go crazy! So I did what every girl my age would do... I searched pinterest for a little inspiration! I knew two things, I love pictures and I love hearts! So I searched for heart photo collages. I found tons of variations. Collages made from frames, pictures all meshed together, spread out evenly, the options were endless.
Below is what I settled on:

Materials:
48 of my favorite pictures
1 large foam board from Hobby lobby
1 tube of Liquitex Basics Acrylic Paint, Naples Yellow Hue
Mod Podge
2 big foam paint brushes (one for paint and one for glue)
1 square coaster

Step-By-Step:
The first thing I did was paint my board. I painted two coats.
While my board was drying I cut each of my pictures into perfect squares, using the coaster as a guide.
Once the paint was dry and all 48 pictures were perfect squares, I began to create my collage. I started at the bottom and worked my way up.
Once I had a layout I was happy with I added Mod Poge to the back of every picture and glued them down.

Voila!!!



Super easy, really cheap, and lots of fun!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment