">

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Old Garagin' Memories and Fantastic New Finds!

Some of the best memories I have from my childhood involve my dad, chocolate doughnuts, and garage sales! On special Saturdays my dad and I would wake up really early and head to Southern Maid Doughnuts. There always seemed to be a plethora of elderly gentlemen sipping coffee and reading the newspaper. After eating a sugary breakfast with the old folks, my dad and I would be all hyped up and ready to go on our treasure hunt! I don't remember buying much at those garage sales, but I will always remember how much fun we'd have wasting the day away rifling through other people's junk.
My dad and I back in the day!

It's been ages since I've been garagin! I don't get up as easily now-a-days! But my husband and I had this past Saturday free so I used my dad's old tactics and tempted him with some doughnuts! IT WORKED! haha we got up early and headed to good ol Paradise doughnuts. 
The Hubs and I at Paradise Doughnuts. Yum!!!
Once we had sugar and coffee we were ready for the hunt! We were amazed by all the goodies we found. We found a beautiful lamp for only, two vintage suitcases (one of which I am in the process of upcyclying and will definitely be posting soon!), an iron skillet, a vintage radio, an adorable vintage dress that I will refashion later, and my favorite find... a box of sewing essentials for only $2.00! All in all we had a great time and I hope to build more memories and find more treasures later! :)

My favorite find! Sewing essintals $2.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment