">

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

DIY: Crafty Key Holder

For some reason my husband and I lose our keys like nobody's business! They get left in pants pockets, in backpacks, on the table under papers, heck, even when I know they are in my purse it still takes me 5 minutes just to fish them out of that gargantuous bag! For this reason I decided to make a key holder to put up by the door. 

Materials Needed: 
A Piece of Wood (Michael's has some really cute shapes!)
Acrylic Paint (my Favorite kind is Liquitex Basics)
Scrabble letters (also found at Michael's, *Please don't go buy the game just for crafts like this one!!!*)
Nails (could use hooks but I like the homemade look)
Gorilla Glue
Wire

Directions:
First paint the wood. Be sure to wait for it to dry between coat, wood does a good job of soaking up the paint and requires 2-3 coats. I did 2 but I should have done one more! 
Next you will decided what you want your board to say. Place the letters on the board to make sure they will fit. Once they are arranged how you like them you can glue them down. 
Next you can hammer in a few nails or screw in a few hooks.
To finish my board I added two nails to the back and wrapped a wire around each so that I would have something to hang it on. 

And there you have it. Another DIY project in the bag.

I Should have added another coat of paint.  

No comments:

Post a Comment