">

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Cinnamon Roll Doughnuts


Two breakfast items I love most are Cinnamon Rolls and Doughnuts! When I came across a recipe for Cinnamon Roll Doughnuts I thought I died and went to heaven! The directions sounded easy enough so I decided to give it a try. The verdict: AMAZING!!!!

Ingredients:
1 can of Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls
A saucepan full of Vegetable Oil
1/4 cup of Sugar
1/2 T Cinnamon
1 tsp Vanilla Extract

Directions:
Heat your oil to 350 degrees. While your oil is warming up Mix the sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl; set to the side. Then cut each cinnamon roll into 4 equal pieces. Roll each piece of dough into a ball and drop each into the hot oil. Let them cook until golden brown. It may be helpful to experiment with a couple to make sure your temp. is just right. I had to throw a few out because my oil was too hot at first.

Once your doughnuts are golden brown remove them from the hot oil and place them on a napkin to let the excess oil drain. Once your doughnuts are dry roll them in the Cinnamon-Sugar mixture and set them out on a plate.


After all have been thoroughly coated in cinnamon-sugar it's time to ice 'em!!! Mix the Vanilla with the icing that came in the can of rolls. I stuck mine in the microwave for about 10 seconds to make it easier to mix. Then I poured the mixture over the doughnuts being sure to get it on all of them!

Serve while warm and ENJOY!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment